Vision, Mission, Goals and Roles
To be a centre of professional excellence in the area of mathematics education for teachers and education personnel within the framework of sustainable development.
To develop and enhance professional excellence of mathematics teachers and education personnel through capacity building, resources sharing, information exchanges, research and development, and networking within SEAMEO member countries.
The SEAMEO Centre for QITEP in Mathematics is expected to achieve four major goals as follows.
- To cater for the needs of improving the quality of mathematics teachers and education personnel in the region.
- To promote sustainable professional development for teachers and education personnel in the area of mathematics education.
- To establish extensive networks, information exchange and best practice sharing in the area of mathematics education among SEAMEO Member Countries.
- To provide intellectual forums on mathematics education innovation.
- Sharing best practice in improving the quality of mathematics education in SEAMEO member countries
- Enhancing mathematics teaching-learning models in the elementary and secondary education
- Conducting training programmes to improve the quality of mathematics teachers and education personnel
- Establishing networking to enhance mathematics education innovation in the regional and international level